Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Birthday Card


This is a card I made nearly two weeks ago. I haven't been able to go up to my Studio since March 10th when I had a minor accident while on a field trip with some seniors from the school where I work. We were on a college visit and I missed seeing the step in front of me and fell on my knees and grazed the side of my face. It was raining really hard and we were on the way to the bus. I was trying to count the students ahead of me when I fell. The x-rays showed that everything is fine, but I really bruised the knees and could hardly walk for about eight days. It is slowly getting better, and I can now go up the steps (very carefully) to my studio. My DH has been great. (I'm so glad he is retired.) I'm going back to work on Monday, although I may have to wear my bermudas for a while, because it still hurts to have any material touch the knee that has a scab on it.

Back to the card - I love this bright paper and the cupcake had never been inked until now. I added some ice stickles to the cherry in the sentiment and on the cupcake. The frosting is colored with Liquid Pearls and I added fake brads from Joann's. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Nicole MJ said...

Hey Claudia... where is the stamp set from? Name etc?